St. Peter the Apostle School (SPAS) is a Catholic Chinese-Filipino educational institution that envisions to be a center of excellence for the holistic formation of the learners in the service of God and country.
Guided by a strong faith in God and inspired by the charism of St. Peter the Apostle, St. Peter the Apostle School strives to:
- provide quality education with emphasis on moral, cultural and religious values which are responsive to the needs of globalization
- promote a balanced, and integrated Filipino-Chinese heritage
- exercise dynamic educational leadership
- take an active part in programs of social transformation in the service of the society
- Christian Discipleship
- Building of the local church
- Academic Excellence
- Promotion of Filipino-Chinese Heritage
- Family Solidarity
- Propagation of Filipino-Chinese Culture
- Enhancement of Filipino-Chinese tradition
- Integration and propagation of the Filipino-Chinese culture and language
- Preferential Option for the Poor
- Social equity and justice
- Responsible Stewardship
- Ecological concern
- Love of Country
- Good citizenship
PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE
SPAS philosophy is consistent with the Catholic Church’s coherent understanding of the human being, of the world and of God. The Catholic philosophy of life enables SPAS to direct the transformative process of education for the integral development of learners and progress of society in order to restore all things in Christ.
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
Education is a long process of learning, discovering, developing skills and potentials by putting them into practice for the purpose of which they are created.
The school is a social institution of formal learning through which learners are individually and collectively facilitated by professionals, experts and competent persons in their own field to explore, discover, assimilate and appropriate knowledge, skills, cultures, values, and traditions for better advancement of the human good.